Friday, September 5, 2008

Follow-up to "I think I might be a geek..."

Last night I came home and blogged about not having a good capacity for paying attention to details. We went though Financial Peace with our church right before Sarah and I got married and as a result, we decided to withdraw money every week for our food budget. We went to Outback last night and both ordered the Outback Special and when the waiter brought the check, we put the cash in the envelope and just walked out making sure to wave to our waiter as if to say, "We're all square". Because of the bill and remembering how much it was, I knew kind of where we were financially going into this weekend. I woke up this morning and walked downstairs and saw more money on the table than we were supposed to have given our night out. I kind of panicked for a moment and tried to replay counting out the tip for our waiter last night and realized that I didn't pay for our meal. Horrified, I called the manager this morning and replayed my fear to him over the phone and he said he would follow up with our waiter from last night. He called me this afternoon and laughed and graciously said that our waiter was really confused after we left because it seemed so out of character. He thanked me for being honest and I told him we'd come by and pay for our meal

Talk about overlooking details...I'd lose my nose if it wasn't attached...but not my iphone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!