Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cirque De Soleil

So I went to Pigeon Forge with Sarah's family over the Labor Day weekend. We went to Dollywood and went to a few shows and had a great time. Sunday night, we were driving around trying to find a show to go to. We had several tourist pamphlets in the car advertising various shows in the area. We called a few shows to see what time they started and because we hadn't eaten dinner, we settled on a show called "Hoot N' Holler". Here is an excerpt from the description of the show:

The two-hour production showcases the Hoot N' Holler Players, a traveling troop of dancers and singers who collide with the comedic antics of "Scraps," the would-be chef and emcee of the evening's entertainment. The show is highlighted by audience participation segments which place unsuspecting guests in the spotlight of this uproarious comedy.

Before the show started, we were laughing about the idea of being called up on stage. We sat down and started eating salad and the character "Scraps" came by our table. We started goofing off together and just laughing about stuff. Knowing what I know now, I should have ignored him and stared at my plate when he approached us. Early in show, he asked for 4 people to come up to the stage. He pointed at me and asked me to come up there as one of the 4. He also made sure to ask if our knees and back were okay. I have had numerous knee surgeries and don't have the strongest back but the prideful man in me stood up and walked down to the stage. What he asked us to do seemed like I needed training with the cast of Cirque De Soleil. I've found a video of same show on another night. This is what I had to go through:

For the rest of the show, I felt like I needed a chiropractor, a masseuse, a counselor, and a gun. I'm hoping that no one shot a video of Sunday night. It was not pretty and I want no evidence of my collapse.

1 comment:

  1. Chad! I wish that we could have been there for this. I bet it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!