Monday, August 4, 2008

Rooftop

I may be the most blessed guy on the planet. After my birthday party tonight(which was amazing), my wife and I were sitting around with some friends. We hadn’t cleaned up everything yet from the party but we were just sitting there enjoying one another’s company. There were 8 of us on the roof of this studio down on music row. The temperature outside was the kind of temperature you don’t notice. Perfect. My amazing wife proceeds to ask me some questions in front of everyone about my hopes and fears for this next year and then she asked everyone in the circle to say what they loved about me. They all went around the circle and blessed me by saying the good things they saw in me and what they hoped for me during this next year. I say all this to encourage you to find time to speak words of life over the people around you. From my own experience this evening, it is so life giving and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!