Sunday, August 17, 2008

On the way to the best Gelato...


Sarah and I went to Italy in May of this last year. I'm no Jeremy Cowart but I was proud of this picture. We were in Florence and had just eaten at this great restaurant. At dinner we met these two girls and one of them was an art student at the Accademia in Florence. Earlier that day, Sarah and I had gone to see the statue of Michelangelo's David and was amazed at how perfect it looked. The student we talked to later that evening said that so many of the students at the Accademia hated that statue because the school put so much pressure on them and it represented something so unattainable. After dinner, the four of us walked several blocks to get some gelato. The route we took to get there took us over the Arno river and I asked if we could stop in the middle of the bridge and take some pictures for a few minutes. This is the best picture of the bunch that I took that evening. The lit up bridge in the background is the Ponte Vecchio.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think!