Monday, August 18, 2008

Drawing Near


I've been reading a great book my brother recommended called Drawing Near by John Bevere. He is talking about his life in ministry on a church staff and traveling and speaking at churches and conferences when he says, "Over this time I've discovered two major groups within the church, and the gap of their differing thoughts seems to be widening as the Lords coming draws closer. The first are those who seek God for what He can do; while the second seek Him for who he is."

Convicting...I have noticed recently how much I ask the Lord for things and let that kind of prayer dominate my prayer life. I want to be a man who chases after who God is. I want intimacy with Jesus...to really know Him.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome point Chad. Thanks for drawing that to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!