Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm really excited to go see Matt Wertz and Ben Rector play tonight at Belmont University.  Matt has a new Christmas CD out called Snow Globe and I had the opportunity to write three of the songs with him including the title cut, Snow Globe.  A little back story for that song...Tony Wood and I were writing together and we were writing a really serious Christmas song.  Somehow the word Snowglobe came up right in the middle of the serious song and I turned around to the piano and started playing this chorus idea.  Within about 10 minutes, the chorus was done.  I was with Matt Wertz in the next few weeks and I played that chorus for him.  He said, "PLEASE let me write that with you!"...so Tony and Matt and I got together and finished the song.  We all ended up really loving it.  We also wrote Wake Up! Wake Up! together and Matt and I wrote Christmas in the City.  Even without my songs on this album, it is a GREAT album.  Go check it out!  Click HERE and it will take you to iTunes!


1 comment:

  1. I'd been meaning to buy, but when I saw it last night at Best Buy for a steal, I took the plunge! I LOVE the CD. Great arrangements and Matt's smokey voice is perfect. Wishing you and Sarah a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!