Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I love a good rollercoaster. There's something about the anticipation of clicking up the first incline that is such a rush. The feeling that you are going to scream like a little girl for the next minute because you will may lose your stomach(and maybe a funnel cake) at any moment.

This blessing and the curse of the creative brain is much like a rollercoaster. One moment, you can be so high and the next moment, it is almost like you just want to lay down and suck your thumb and cry. I was talking about one of my low moments with a friend recently and he had wise council. He said that whenever he has one of these low moments, he always tries to remember to be grateful. I am trying to live this out. There is so much to be grateful for. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful wife, a loving family, and provided more than I need. I am so thankful.

It's making me realize that gratitude really is good for the soul.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!